Re: Koine Greek DemoCD

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 15:05:39 EDT

At 6:42 PM +0000 6/2/00, Emory Pitts wrote:
>Is this just the New Testament read out loud
>in Greek? Like audio tapes of the Bible.
>
>Just looking for clarification,

I should let Randall respond, but that much I can answer; yes, it is audio
files of Greek passages from the NT being read clearly and steadily in a
pronunciation that Randall argues is as close as we can get to the actual
pronunciation of the eastern Mediterranean in the era when the NT was being
composed. The accompanying hardcopy documentation includes Greek texts of
what is read aloud on the CD as well as an explanation of the pronunciation
and some of the significant evidence that he adduces for the validity of
that pronunciation--and also a comparison of four currently employed modes
of pronouncing all the sounds of Greek.

--

Carl W. Conrad
cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu