[b-greek] Re: BLEPW & hORAW MK 8:23-24

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 16:47:19 EDT

on 06/20/00 4:37 PM, Eric S. Weiss wrote:

> On 06/20/00, "clayton stirling bartholomew

>> This observation has implications for syntax diagramming and sentence flow
>> analysis as taught in standard text books on NT Greek exegesis like Gordon
>> Fee's. I will not explore the implications any further at this time since I
>> am still mulling it over.
>
> So ... does this mean that we shouldn't be quick to disparage standard
> diagramming?

Yes Eric, that is what it means. It means that we should think about the
pragmatic level of information in the TEXT and see if we can find a way to
not throw away this information when we are doing our syntax and discourse
analysis. Perhaps this means multiple diagrams, I am not sure at this point
how to solve this.

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew