[b-greek] Re: RV: Re:Eph 5:18, EN PNEUMATI

From: Polycarp66@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 03:31:24 EDT

In a message dated 7/23/2000 2:07:03 PM Central Standard Time,
cecitor@impsat.net.ec writes:

<<
 4to. The abstinence from wine was fostered by the prophets, e.g. John the
Baptist, in order for having a distinction between the ecstasies caused by
the Spirit and that caused by the wine. The Spirit does not abide in the
mind, which directs or seeks the daily tasks.

 (Already John the Baptist pressed for the METANOEW). Each ecstasies (from
wine o from the Spirit) expresses its joy, we Christians do it by singing
hymns of thankfulness. >>

I didn't check it since reading your post, but my recollection is that John
the Baptist refrained from anything connected with the grape due to the fact
that he was a Nazirite. Are you thinking of something else?

gfsomsel