[b-greek] Re: New book by Daniel B. Wallace

From: Jon Weatherly (jweather@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 09:58:45 EDT

The 352-page length ("concise"?) makes me wonder how
effective an "abridgement" this book can be.

I was amazed a few years ago to see Zondervan
marketing the bigger Wallace book as a text for
second-year Greek students. The welter of detail,
commendably assembled by Wallace, makes the book
intimidating to students, and that's an
understatement. I won't be surprised if I continue to
assign more pedagogically realistic texts,
recommending Wallace's big book for reference along
with BDF and MHT.

Jon Weatherly
Chair, Biblical Studies Division
Cincinnati Bible College & Seminary