[b-greek] Reading Greek, other than biblical.

From: Maurice A. O'Sullivan (mauros@iol.ie)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 09:58:33 EDT

<x-flowed>On the IOUDAIOS-L list, Jane Harper recently posed this question:

I am, as they say over on B-Greek, a Little Greek, and what I have I
don't want to lose, but I'd rather work on something other than the
Greek NT. My two candidates at this point are Philo's "Questions on
Genesis" and Josephus' Antiquities. Which, in your opinion, would be a
better choice?
<<

This produced quite a number of interesting, and knowledgeable, replies.
If Jane is currently reading this list, perhaps she could summarise these
for us?
otherwise, the archives are available at:
http://listserv.lehigh.edu/lists/Archives/ioudaios-l/

Start on Aug 19 with the "thread" Re: Strange Question,
Unfortunately, it then switches to " Reading Philo or Josephus?" and yet
again changes to: " Reading Jewish- Hellenistic Greek "

Enjoy!!

Maurice

Maurice A. O'Sullivan [ Bray, Ireland ]
mauros@iol.ie