[b-greek] Re: Locative -DE in NT Greek

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 09:08:23 EDT

At 1:04 PM +0200 10/5/00, Blahoslav Cicel wrote:
>> A.T. Robertson (p. 296) mentions OIKADE without citing a reference but I
>> also looked for it in NA27 and didn't find it. I thought it might be in
>> Westcott & Hort but Moulton & Geden didn't list it either. So I
>> am not sure
>> where Robertson is getting this, not that it matters a great deal.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Clay
>
>I checked WH in my Online Bible but not found. Is hODE (pronoun, 12 times),
>hWDE (adverb, 60 times) or TOIOSDE (adjective, 1 time) in the category of
>interest? (counted according Textus Receptus)

These are related, yes.

For those who really are interested (probably very few!) there is an
accounting in Smyth (not the Perseus on-line version which is a
first-edition and which is malfunctioning this morning anyhwo), ##342,
342a, 342D (Homeric forms), and 1589 ("Terminal accusative (in Poetry)" for
the inseparable enclitic -DE. There's a nice separate article in the newer
LSJG 1996 lexicon on the inseparable post-positive enclitic DE, noting that
it should, in fact, be considered a formative element in the demonstrative
pronouns, hODE (hHDE/TODE), TOSOSDE, KTL. This article is NOT in the
on-line older LSJ at the Perseus web site.

--

Carl W. Conrad
cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu