[b-greek] Re: NA26: Manuscript evidence lacking?

From: Kevin W. Woodruff (cierpke@prodigy.net)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 18:45:34 EDT

Allen Wikgren discusses that particular problem in the article "The Problem
in Acts 16:12" in the book _New Testament Textual Criticism: Its
Significance for Exegesis_ edited by Eldon Jay Epp and Gordon Fee. Two other
articles discuss conjectural emendations in the same volume and may be of
interest. they are George Kilpatrick's "Conjectural Emendations in the New
Testamen" and Erroll Rhodes' "Conjectural Emendation in Modern Translations".

Kevin

At 02:20 PM 10/17/2000 -0700, clayton stirling bartholomew wrote:
>on 10/17/00 1:33 PM, clayton stirling bartholomew wrote:
>
>> However, as I understand it NA26/27 shuns textual
>> conjecture. I may be proven wrong on this
>
>UBS3 etc. has a conjectural reading in ACTS 16:12. Metzger in his textual
>commentary has a long description of the process by which this reading was
>adopted.
>
>So you see one should never say never. There may be other examples like
>this.
>
>Clay
>
>--
>Clayton Stirling Bartholomew