[b-greek] Re: Greek 101 drop outs

From: Robert H. Matlack, Jr. (rmatlack@juno.com)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 12:13:59 EST

On Tue, 21 Nov 2000 07:54:06 -0600 "Carl W. Conrad"
<cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu> writes:
> Forwarded:
> >From: "Michael W. Philliber" <cbaam@netdoor.com>
> >Subject: Re: [b-greek] Re: Greek 101 drop outs
> >Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 07:34:23 -0600

SNIP
> >I would say that one of the barriers to learning the languages in
> our
> >anti-intellectualist era is that it is held so loosely, many
> ministers, for
> >example, once done with Seminary, trash, through non-use, what they
> have
> >gained because (1) no one cares if they know Greek/Hebrew, & (2)
> it's so
> >very difficult to keep it up & going.
SNIP

I think in some situations it is even worse than this. In some situations
knowing the languages is seen as a detriment to the ministry.

Rob Matlack
620 E. 5th St., Minneapolis, KS 67467
RMatlack@juno.com Hm: 785-392-2865 Church: 785-392-2089
"...that we may present every man mature in Christ Jesus."
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.