[b-greek] Re: Barnes and Ignoble?

From: One of the McKays (musicke@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 03:59:26 EST

I said:
> >BTW, We have 12 months per year in Australia, not 17! I guess this is to
> >allow more time to clear up the recent election fiasco.

and Carl said:
in the U.S. we normally put month/day/year, so the
> expected shipping date is December 17

I was joking at the funny way of giving a date. I am quite used to it, but
not enough to resist having a laugh. It gets confusing when the first and
secodn digit are 12 or less, because you need to know if it is American or
British to know what date is being spoken about ... as long as they aren't
the same!
The only time I can cope with the M/D/Y system is on Star Wars day, you
know, the one when we give a greeting:
May the fourth be with you!
David McKay
musicke@ozemail.com.au