[b-greek] Re: Question for Sunday

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 12:53:29 EST

on 12/01/00 5:50 AM, Rodney J. Decker wrote:

> I wonder if there are two different dust jackets? My copy, which I picked
> up in Nashville, very definitely *does* have Ezek. 1:28f on the front
> cover, which matches the B&W photo on page 64--and matches Rahlfs at Ezek.
> 1:28. The photo on p. 64 does not show any sort of palimpsest writing. I'm
> wondering if we might not have an "artistic creation" by the marketing
> department here. (Or is the cover photo just so much better quality that it
> shows what the B&W does not? I'd be surprised.) The URL that Clay posted
> (of PYale1) seems to match the photo on Amazon's site, but it does *not*
> match what is on the cover of my copy.

Thanks Rod and Dexter,

You have vindicated K. Jobes. I was beginning to wonder if there was not
something a little bizarre behind all of this trouble with identifying an
LXX ms..

I don't have K. Jobes book yet. Have you looked at it yet? Is it extremely
introductory or does it contain material that would interest those have been
reading the LXX for a decade or two? Since you purchased the book I assume
that the later is the case.

Thanks for clear this issue up. I was beginning to wonder . . .

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point