[b-greek] RE: [BibleWorks] Greek software

From: Robert H. Matlack, Jr. (rmatlack@juno.com)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 18:21:50 EST

Certainly GRAMCORD has been a popular program with scholars since early
days. And Logos is well known as well. However, I think one should
evaluate Hermeneutika's BibleWorks for Windows (www.bibleworks.com)
before he spends the money. It has 19 English versions, 15 Greek
texts/morphologies, BHS 4 with morphology, Vulgate (including Apocrypha)
with morphology, and 40 non-English versions (German, French, Russian,
Polish, Vietnamese... just to name a few). It has tremendous search
features and the ability to construct a search that will search and
compare multiple versions. It has good lexical tools. Perhaps the
greatest strength is the support and e-mail list (like b-greek). They
are continually making improvements (not just fixes) that are available
free off the web site. Randy A. Leedy produced a 37 page review and
comparison of GRAMCORD, Logos, and BibleWorks. I think you can request a
zip file of it from rleedy@bju.edu At least that is how I got my copy. I
am not associated with Hermeneutika, just a happy user since version 2
(current version is 4 and 5 is in the works). Check it out.

Rob Matlack -- 620 E. 5th St., Minneapolis, KS 67467
RMatlack@juno.com Hm: 785-392-2865 Church: 785-392-2089
"...that we may present every man mature in Christ Jesus."
"I can only say that I am nothing but a poor sinner, trusting in Christ
alone for salvation" -- R. E. Lee
"It is not our task to secure the triumph of truth, but merely to fight
on it's behalf." -- Pascal

On Tue, 19 Dec 2000 20:01:06 -0500 "Alan Kurschner" <mozart@charter.net>
writes:
> Hello,
>
> I am brand new to this group and look foward to see how things are
> conducted here and sharing ideas. I do have the following
> question:
>
> I am looking for an excellent Greek software program that will allow
> me to
> use a lexicon, pronunciation, search the NT Greek text, and improve
> my
> Greek vocabulary. I would appreciate it very much if you could
> direct me
> to a software program(s) that I could purchase and use for my
> intermediate
> and advanced studies which contains at least these minimal
> features.
>
> Thanks,
> Alan Kurschner
> [moderator note: new list-members note, please, that we ask you to
> use full-name signatures in list-correspondence.]
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to b-greek as: [rmatlack@juno.com]
> To unsubscribe, forward this message to
> leave-b-greek-327Q@franklin.oit.unc.edu
> To subscribe, send a message to
> subscribe-b-greek@franklin.oit.unc.edu

Topica hosts this mailing list. Here's more information about them:

T O P I C A http://www.topica.com/t/17
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.