[b-greek] Roots

From: Dagoberto Garcia (DAGO_GARCIA@prodigy.net)
Date: Sun Jan 07 2001 - 12:18:43 EST

Thanks Kevin for the information on the Latin root "ine".

My question is what sources did you use to determine that it meant
"belonging to [LAND of]"?

I have in my possession a copy of The American heritage Dictionary of
Indo-European Roots
(Revised by Calvert Watkins), and could not come with the following or any
meaning for that matter.

Please advise me on what I'm doing wrong.

Secondly; If we are all in agreement with the above (if not I sure we will
be hearing about it),
can we deduce the following:

Philist[ine] = "belonging to [LAND of]"
Palest[ine] = "belonging to [LAND of]"

Thirdly; is there any link between these words?

Thanks
Dagoberto Garcia
dago_garcia@prodigy.net