[b-greek] Hebrews 10:26

From: Michael Markey (mike_mikie@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 23:00:56 EST

 Could anyone help me with this please?
 I have a Hebrew Greek Study Bible (Hebrew Greek Key Study Bible, compiled
and edited by Spiros Zodhiates, Th.D., published by AMG Publishers,
Chattanooga, TN.) In it it says that "sin" as used in Hebrews 10:26 is
used as a present participle, which, it says, "expresses continuous or
repeated action. It does not in itself indicate the time of the action,
but when its relationship to the main verb is temporal, it usually
signifies action contemporary with the main verb...."
 In many commentaries I have seen, several have said that what is
described here is equivalent to apostacy. I have also heard it said that
Heb. 6:4-6 describes a "final" turning away (I have talked to several
people about this out of conscern.) Is there any indication (in the
Greek) that something like that is intended in this verse?

thank you
Mike Markey