[b-greek] RE: Rm. 9:32a

From: RUSSELL RANKIN (rrankin@isd.net)
Date: Sat Mar 31 2001 - 12:30:27 EST

Moon,

I noticed you placed "of the law" in brackets. Upon checking the Textus
Receptus with the Kurt Aland Text, I found a footnote to the Kurt Aland Text
which does not have NOMOU. It lists the manuscripts which suggest NOMOU is
part of the text and the ones which do not. Therefore, if one accepts the
manuscripts which contain NOMOU, the translation may read "of law"
literally. But contextually the referent is Moses, so one might translate
NOMOU as "of the law" as you suggested but without brackets as the KJV, or
"of the law [of Moses]."

Russell Rankin
Maple Grove, Minnesota, USA