[b-greek] Re: Phil 2:2, why TO AUTO accusative?

From: Dave Washburn (dwashbur@nyx.net)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 10:59:13 EDT

> My question is:
>
> Tell me again why the first TO AUTO should be tagged as accusative;
> Why not nominative?
>
> Friberg and Friberg tags it as accusative. Is this right, if so
> what's the justification? What are the arguments one can use to tag
> it as nominative? What am I missing?
>
> Thanks ahead of time.

[snip]

Hi Mike,
BAGD translates it "think the same thing" which is similar to the
way I've always understood it; idiomatically I'd translate it "be of the
same mind." Acts 28:22 uses a similar construction (with hA) as
do some other passages.

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
"You just keep thinking, Butch. That's what you're good at."