[b-greek] Re: Mt. 16:19

From: David Morris (tdm12@home.com)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 14:39:22 EDT

Charles B. Williams' translation is similar:
"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you forbid on earth
must be what is already forbidden in heaven, and whatever you permit on earth must be
what is already permitted in heaven."
These are perfect passive participles, so I don't think the translation is a stretch.

[David Morris; new list-members please take note: B-Greek protocol
requires a full-name signature to all messages sent to the list. -cwc]