[b-greek] NT Greek etymology

From: Julian Duckworth (jcduckworth@optushome.com.au)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 00:53:33 EDT

<x-flowed>
I would like to know if list members could recommend good thorough books
giving in-depth studies of NT Gk. words, derivations, constructions (e.g.
PARABOLH = PARA+BALLW sort of thing). I have Van Voorst 'Building your New
Testament Greek Vocabulary' and I have 'The New International Dictionary of
New Testament Theology' (3 vols.), but I would imagine there are several
other major books in this whole area. I am specifically interested in the
subtle shades of meanings that many NT Gk. words contain. Thanks if you can.

Julian Duckworth
Roseville, Sydney,
Australia