[b-greek] Heb. 11:10a

From: Mark Wilson (emory2oo2@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 23:25:28 EDT

<x-flowed>

Heb. 11:10a

EXEDECETO GAR THN TOUS QEMELIOUS ECOUSAN POLIN...

Were there some QEMELIOUS that first century readers
would have understood as TOUS QEMELIOUS? If so, what
were they? The idea I get from this passage is some
foundations of a non-temporal or non-Promised Land nature,
but that seems like too much to be supplied from this passage.

Not finding any contextually developed "foundations,"
how are we to understand the definite article here?

Thank you,

Mark Wilson