[b-greek] Re: Septuagint

From: c stirling bartholomew (cc.constantine@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Jan 02 2002 - 00:32:36 EST

on 1/1/02 7:39 PM, Pete Richert wrote:

> I got a Septuagint and I would like to read it just
> for a chance for Greek practice but they're just to
> many vocab words I don't know. Does anybody know of a
> readers lexicon for the Septuagint (like Sakae Kubo's
> book for the NT). It would sure be invaluable.
>
> Thanks,
> Pete

Pete,

Don't think there is any such thing. Here is what exists:

A Greek-English lexicon of the Septuagint / compiled by J. Lust, E. Eynikel,
K. Hauspie with the collaboration of G. Chamberlain. Stuttgart :
Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft, 1992-1996.

The analytical lexicon to the Septuagint : a complete parsing guide /
Bernard A. Taylor. Grand Rapids, Mich. : Zondervan, [c1994]

Then of course there are all the LXX e-texts some of which come an optional
e-lexicon like LEH.

Be advised that they hard copy of LEH isn't very student friendly. If you
have used lexicons like Danker, and LS intermediate you may be used to
having difficult forms listed as lemma's with cross references. LEH contains
no such helps for the student. You must KNOW what the dictionary form of the
word is to use this lexicon.

greetings,

Clay

--