[b-greek] RE: acts 13:48, ordained?

From: ross purdy (rossjpurdy@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Feb 02 2002 - 11:20:01 EST

<x-flowed>
Paul,

I have patronized and enjoyed your library on occassion there at WLS. It has
been a while though since I have been there.

Regarding your statement:
>First the assignment, then the believing. Passive no doubt out of respect
>to the Divine doer of the action of assigning.

Can anyone tell me if there is something in the Greek that demands parsing
this as passive rather than middle? Either God ordained that the light
should be sent to the nations (passive), or Paul's preaching disposed them
to eternal life just as it was opposed by the Jews (middle). The latter
seems to be more plausible with respect to the context. What say ye experts?

In Christ,
Ross Purdy