[b-greek] RE: 1 Timothy 4:10

From: Kevin Cauley (cauley@airmail.net)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 17:59:17 EST

I wanted to weigh in on the original post, but I think I have already
deleted it.

hOS ESTIN SWTHR PANTWN ANQRWPWN MALISTA PISTWN

Could we consider PANTWN ANQRWPWN to be objective genitive in a transitive
way here? (See Blass and Debruener under Genitive).

So the translation would read, ". . . who is the Savior *for* all men. . .
."

Would that clear up the dichotomy between "the world" and "the believers" in
this passage?

I.E. Man is not going to find a Savior anywhere else.

Kevin Cauley