[b-greek] Re: prin Abraam genesthai egw eimi

From: awohili@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 12:07:06 EDT

Peter, Kenneth L. McKay (cited in my previous post) gives several examples of the "Extension from Past" besides John 8:58. They are Luke 13:7, Luke 15:29, John 14:9, and Acts 27:33.

In addition, here are some examples from the Greek Suptuagint (LXX), with EGW EIMI:

Genesis 31:38 TAUTA MOI EIKOSI ETH EGW EIMI META SOU.
These twenty years *I have been* with thee. (Brenton's translation)

Genesis 31:41 TAUTA MOI EIKOSI ETH EGW EIMI EN THi OIKIAi SOU.
These twenty years *have I been* in thy house. (Brenton)

Judges 16:17 hOTI hAGIOS QEOU EGW EIMI APO KOILIAS MHTROS MOU.
Because *I have been* a holy one of God from my mother's womb. (Brenton)

Solomon Landers