[b-greek] RE:masc/feminine plural participle

From: sandra hack polaski (shpolaski@btsr.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 11:13:49 EDT

I've argued for some time that the travelers to Emmaus are Cleopas and his
wife, but not primarily because of the "wife of Clopas" mentioned in John.
Rather, the logic of the Lukan story itself seems to me to fit the travelers
being a married couple going home and inviting the fellow-traveler into
their home. The Greek does not dictate this, of course; but it makes it
possible, and the story is least convoluted if understood this way.
--Sandra Hack Polaski