[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: arsenic in the envoronment

fzyenath@chip.ucdavis.edu (Geeta Bharathan) wrote:

> Does anyone here know of instances where arsenic has been found in the
> natural environment in high enough levels to pose a danger to living beings?
>
> Could you e-mail me any information (including references) that you might
> have on this topic, especially ways to deal with the problem? I will post
> a summary of replies that I receive if there is interest.
>

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Geeta

EPA & state guideline documents supporting whatever drinking water,
ambient water, soil, dredge spoil, sediment, etc. criteria exist for
As should have lots of references.

Ontario Ministry of Environment & Energy released an As water
quality objective document last year.  Address is 135 St. Clair
Ave. W., Toronto, ON.

-bb