From: erling.floistad@ihb.nlh.no
Newsgroups: bionet.plants
Subject: Re: indoor air pollution and plants
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 93 09:34:09 GMT+0200

In  <rise-070993100655@biosek16.uio.no>  rise@bio.uio.no (oyvind.rise) writes:
| About 10 years ago Wolverton published a paper about plants (Chlorophytum
| comosum) cleaning indoor air (formaldehyde, NOx, benzene etc.). NASA has
| also done something along the same lines. However, has there been other
| attempts at quantifying plant uptake of gaseous pollutants in indoor
| settings?

Yes.  I know there is work going on at the University Of Oslo (Norway),
trying to do precisely this.  There is some cooperation with our div.
of ornamentals at Agricultural University of Norway.  However, I dont think they have published anything yet, apart from some PR-
like newspaper articles which also referred the NASA work.

Erling Floistad   			         e-mail: hagef@ihb.nlh.no
Ph.D. Stud.,   Dept. of Horticulture,        snail-mail: Po.Box 5022
              div. of Vegetable Growing                  N-1432 AAS
          Agricultural University of Norway              NORWAY
Phone:  +47 6494 7826                               Fax: +47 6494 7802

Article 20062 of rec.gardens: