[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Sustainable Farming Connection -- Home

http://sunsite.unc.edu/farming-connection/

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
mailto:london@sunSITE.unc.edu
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/InterGarden
Title: Sustainable Farming Connection -- Home
Sustainable Farming
Connection
Fruit, veggies & high-value markets Grains, beans & forages
Livestock and grazing
News Headlines:
Comments to USDA Favor Livestock Limits
78% say limit the size of farms eligible for EQIP funds, according to a NCSA survey .
Sustainable Farmers Tap Grocery-Chain Market Wisconsin CSAs became 'first source' for nine vegetables.
New Conservation Program Hotline Get answers about new programs. Includes summary of CRP, EQIP and Conservation Farm Option.
Alternative Agriculture News[5/2/97] May edition from the Wallace Institute. New pesticide report, conservation buffers, and more news.

Features:
NewNo-Till Transplanting Into Cover Crops Pa. vegetable grower Steve Groff shares tips about his 'New Generation' cropping systems.
Thoughts On Economic 'Inevitability' by Gene Logsdon. Are you growing 300-bu. corn? That's not the only bad prediction economists have made.
Thompson On-Farm Research, 1996 Report A summary from this pioneering Iowa family.
Gear Up For Grazing How N.Y. graziers profit more from pastures.
More recent additions to this site

Discussion Groups:
Questions, comments or experiences to share? Interact through our
New Coffee Shop Discussion Groups.

Hot Links:
The Grazing Wedge and Spring Turnout In our grazing area, timely advice for managing spring pasture growth.

Tells us about your farm! -- So we can serve you better.
Contents:
Grow It
Grain and Beans -- Cost-cutting production systems for field crops.
Livestock -- Keep stock healthy and productive.
Grazing -- Management-intensive practices to boost pasture production.
High-Value Farming -- Grow fruits and veggies for less, sell for more.
Cover Crops -- Improve soil, cut fertilizer and smother weeds.
Compost & Manure-- Manage wastes to make the most of these soil-building resources.
Agroforestry -- Trees and perennials bring permanent profits to your farm.
On-Farm Energy -- How to use less and make more.
Find It
Search this site -- Coming soon, a search engine for this site.
Marketplace -- Products and services that help you farm more profitably and sustainably.
Classifieds -- Buy, sell or trade on the Internet.
News & Views
News & Events -- Catch up on the latest sustainable farming news.
Farm Policy -- Stay on top of legislation that affects how you farm.
Rural Writings -- Commentary and views from the countryside.
Sell It
Growing for Market -- Tap value-added marketing opportunities for produce, crops, livestock. CSAs, farmers markets, direct marketing.
Market Connection -- Link with brokers, processors and markets.
Interact
Coffee Shop -- "Visit" with other farmers through our discussion groups.
Other Links -- Your gateway to sustainable farming information on the Internet.
Q & A -- Hot topics from our discussion groups and other sources.
Local contacts-- Get in touch with neighbors who can help.

Welcome to Sustainable Farming Connection!

If you're looking for ways to increase profits from your farm while building healthy soil and protecting the environment, you've come to the right place.

This site -- conceived and managed by former staff members of The New Farm magazine -- will help you tame costs, add value to what you sell and keep you informed of the latest news from the sustainable farming community.

Now, as the Committee for Sustainable Farm Publishing, we're dedicated to bringing you the useful information you need to keep on farming, today and in the future. Please sign our guestbook to let us know how we can help serve you better.

Interact:

Have a suggestion, comment or question? We'd love to hear it. Email us at: cdcramer@clarityconnect.com

Or post comments and questions to one of our Discussion Groups for everyone to read.

To find out how to support the work of Sustainable Farming Connection, email Chris Shirley (cdshirley@aol.com)

Top of Page Contents

Hosted by sunSITE @unc
Also at SunSITE:
·InterGarden
·Permaculture
·Garden FAQ
©1997 Committee for Sustainable Farm Publishing

Please read about our usage permission policy
and disclaimer.

Send comments, suggestions and questions to the site author:
Craig Cramer cdcramer@clarityconnect.com

Coded using HoTMetaL Pro 3.0. Best viewed in Netscape 3.0 or later.
Please see our credits page for more information.

http://sunsite.unc.edu/ farming-connection/index.html
Where
farmers
find and