Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 10:11:15 +0000
From: Steve Diver <steved@ncatark.uark.edu>
To: sanet-mg@shasta.ces.ncsu.edu
Subject: EMAP web site - Eco-indicators for Agricultural Lands

SAN-netter's:

Check out the nifty web site at NCSU on Environmental Monitoring
and Assessment Program (EMAP) for Agricultural Lands.

EMAP-Agricultural Lands Home Page
http://darwin.arrc.ncsu.edu/argintro.html

Keep on surfing till you get to the cartoons of talking insects.....

A Beginner's Guide to EMAP Agroecosystems
http://darwin.arrc.ncsu.edu/bguide.html

EMAP - Agricultural Lands:  A Beginner's Guide to Soil Quality
http://darwin.arrc.ncsu.edu/sqp1.html

EMAP - Agricultural Lands:  A Beginner's Guide to Crop Productivity
http://darwin.arrc.ncsu.edu/cpp1.html

Including:
  "So you're a bunch of granola-heads! I thought so."
  "What does ecology have to do with farming?"
  "Now you've done it, you've used the "S" word!"
  "Do you really think you can measure sustainability?"

EMAP-Agricultural Lands:  A Beginner's Guide to Insect Diversity
http://darwin.arrc.ncsu.edu/idp1.html

Including:
  Cartoons of talking insects:

  "Moi? Why would I be important to a big monitoring program like EMAP?"
  "What makes you think we might make good indicators?"

EMAP-Agricultural Lands:  Insects as Indicators of Ecosystem Health
http://darwin.arrc.ncsu.edu/idp2.html

Including:
  Ants as indicators of agroecosystem health

Steve Diver
ATTRA

--
steved@ncatark.uark.edu