Genetically engineered crops in the pipeline

For your info - P. Dines

P.S.  I do not see prudence and restraint in the face of the huge potential
risks of monkeying with the basis of life by beings that have an enormous
lack of knowledge of the true implications....  And we're going to _eat_
this stuff?  When no long-term population studies have been done doing
that, individually or in combination... Have we learned nothing from the
past - like the Flavr Savr Tomato, or the
once-seen-as-a-miracle-now-as-a-demon DDT.....?  How often must we go in,
seeing only the benefit for which we grasp, only to find that huge harm was
done to all - harm that _was completely predictable_, for those who were
willing to see...  And sometimes we don't even get the benefit we seek
(i.e. we can can get short term gain, but not a long-term solution - ex. we
can get secondary pests and pest resistance, breeding superpests, leaving
us with a situation that was worse than before).

A prudent person, when faced with risk and huge unknowns, minimizes the
level of risk and the number harmed until more is known.  Corporations seem
bent on doing the complete opposite - rushing in with broad-scale exposure
and complete infiltration into our food supply and genetic pool.....

Remember in looking at this list that each is a case of bringing together
gene components that would not ordinarily combine, often cross-species.
Also remember how much we don't know about doing that, that it's not as
scientific and "under control" as the proponents would like us to believe.
It's a gamble, and Life itself is at stake...