ASA Strategic Plan

TO:    Any members of the American Society of Agronomy

I was lucky enough to be chosen as a member of one of ASA's Strategic Plan
Task Forces     (number  A201.4-1B).  I may be the only person on this
committee with knowledge of forage email lists, so I am asking input from
anyone with thoughts on the committee's task.

This committee's task is to:

1. Improve participant satisfaction at regional and national ASA
     annual meetings by implementing innovations.
2. Strengthen divisional and regional involvement in policy and
     program development.

Some of the current suggestions under discussion are:
--------------------------
What about moving workshops from the national meeting to regional meetings,
or developing workshops to be presented at regional meetings?

How can regional involvement be increased?

Do we need regional meetings if very few people attend?

How important are regional meetings to graduate and undergraduate students?

What services, incentives, enticements can we provide to improve participant
satisfaction at regional and national meetings?

Why do people not attend national and/or regional meetings?

Should we combine regional meetings into national meetings and have biannual
national meetings at two locations each year?
----------------------

Changes may actually occur as a result the these task forces.  If you have
an opinion, let me know.  Thanks.
######################################
Jerry H. Cherney
Professor of Forage Management/Quality