New Book Announcement - Toxicology

Forage Colleagues:

This note is to announce the availability of a new book entitled
"Natural Toxicants in Feeds, Forages, and Poisonous Plants."

The book is authored by Dr. Peter Cheeke, Department of Animal
Science, Oregon State University.
His email address is cheekep@ccmail.orst.edu
The publisher is Interstate Publishers, Inc., Danville, Illinois.
They have a WWW segment, URL is http://www.ippinc.com/

We have developed a WWW page describing the book.
The page lists the name, author, publisher (with a link to the
publisher's WWW segment), description, and contents information.
The URL for the book description is:
http://www.forages.css.orst.edu/Resources/Media/Publications/Cheeke.html

Purchase price is $39.95 plus shipping.

Here's one of the paragraphs from the book description brochure:

"Natural Toxicants in Feeds, Forages, and Poisonous Plants, Second
Edition provides a comprehensive treatment of natural toxicants in
plants consumed by domestic animals and in crop plants used in human
nutrition. It emphasizes the occurrence of toxins in plants, their
metabolism and toxilogic effects in animals, and means of overcoming
their effects. The book will be useful as a text for students in
disciplines such as Animal Science, Agronomy and Crop Science, Range
Management, Forestry, Wildlife Science, Veterinary Medicine,
Toxicology, Food Science, and Nutrition."

I believe it is also an important reference for forage and
livestock extension folks, consultants, and perhaps producers as
well. I've already found the book useful and am confident many of
you will find it an important resource.

=========

If others have books of potential interest to the forages mailing
group, feel free to send me information for posting or send an
informational note to the mailing group.  Although this group is not
intended to be "advertising space," I believe it is appropriate to
announce items that would be of educational interest to the group.

David

David B. Hannaway
Forage Extension, Research & Teaching
Department of Crop & Soil Science