Other links

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/prairie_woodwork/pwwp9.htm

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
mailto:london@sunSITE.unc.edu
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/InterGarden
Title: Other links

Links to printed information on Prairie Woodworking.

Popular Woodworking

March 1995, pages 14-17. "The Business End: Covering Cast Iron Radiators." An interview on the nature of my business, its genesis and evolution.

Better Homes and Gardens

March 1992, pages 67-74. "Yesterdays Charm for Today's Family." An article detailing the renovation of a Chicago area Craftsman bungalow includes several photographs of radiator enclosures from Prairie Woodworking.

Snips

July, 1991, page 91. "Custom-Made Wooden Radiator Covers for Cast Iron Radiators." No one I know has ever seen this magazine but it is big among heating and ventilating contractors.

Chicago Tribune

July, 12, 1991, Your Place. "Fashion Radiators." A rather detailed description of the nature of my business.

Chicago Tribune

November 13, 1988, Home Section Cover Story. "Radiant Radiators." Three photographs and a brief written description of radiator enclosures.

Wednesday Journal

June, 24 1987. "A Very Classy Cover-Up." Our local paper promotes local business.

Links to other sites.

The Woodshed, a source for the finest quality quarter sawn oak and beautiful Craftsman furniture kits.  This site is also an excellent source of information on quarter sawn lumber and Craftsman furniture.

Wood pens of outstanding beauty. Pens and boxes laser engraved with Frank Lloyd Wright designs are available at the FLW Home and Studio Gift Shop.

The NOVITHERM  Panel, an excellent way to drastically reduce your heating bills.

Turned fruits and walking sticks from England.

The only other radiator enclosure on the Internet. An enclosure in a Lithuanian class room has a grille based on wild rue leaves.