Re: Rural and Farm Recycling Questionairre

> rachelle@mail.csh.rit.edu wrote:
>
> >Hi everyone.
> >My name is Rachelle and I am writing a research paper on Recycling in
> >Rural Communities and on Farms.  I would like to compile some statistics
> >on the abilities and motivations of these residents in regards to
> >recycling, what kind of access they have to recycling facilities, what
> >kinds of materials they recycle, what kinds of materials they are unable
> >to recycle but would like to, etc.

> You have never been around farms have you. Farmers have been recycling
> sence the beginning. Farmers never through away anything useful or
> that might be used later. You can always find a scrap heap somewhere
> around a farm. There you will find all sorts of things: old farm
> equipment, house aplinciences, cars, anything metal. These junk piles
> are fought over by hairs. Why would a farmer give any of his precious
> items to someone else when he might have use for it himself.

And YOU, A.Patterson, never seem to have heard of, what progress is.
YouŽd better give that girl a helping hand.
As a farmer and consultant i agree that farmers do not tend to through
things away unless they find any use or value in that item.
But: Why not think and investigate how to improve our habits? We all must
think over our consumption to use less resources, this does not
exclude farmers!
And: Having "a scrap heap somewhere around a farm" does not
already mean to be a good recycler.
Excuse my bad english.

alfons Deitermann·

PS: One think NOT to recycle could have been your immense quote ...
ad@agrar.de·

http://www.agrar.com !!  InfoService for Agriculture and EcoMarketing
http://www.agrar.de !!         Farm Holidays and Weather.

Follow-Ups: References: