Re: Bale sileage

In article <337FA77C.89F260D5@telusplanet.net>, Howard Larsen
<hlarsen@telusplanet.net> writes
>I am posting this for a friend of mine that does not have internet
>access.  He is interested in trying "bale sileage" or "baleage".  He
>runs a herd of approximately 250 Charlaois.  I have looked on the net
>for info but all I seem to find is advertisements for equipment.
>
>Could anyone shed a little light on this or point me in the right
>direction to find some info?
>
>Thank you very much.  Darrell (my friend) owes you a cold one.

Hello,
If you take a look on our Venturide website you will see a link to big
bale silage. We make it for horses but the principle is the same. The
technique was pioneered in the UK over ten years ago and is very popular
with farmers over here.
Venturide is at http://www.deanteam.demon.co.uk/vride/  follow the link
to big bale silage

Best wishes            Peter
http://www.deanteam.demon.co.uk/agpic/
Peter Dean Photographer     e-mail peter@deanteam.demon.co.uk
Tel / Fax:01398 331598 Devon UK
Stock & Assignments for Agriculture       "Agripicture" library