Re: Roundup information

Sarauer wrote:

> Tracy Aquilla wrote:
> >
> > In Article <jmqsauammiznc.pminews@derppp13.sheltonlink.com>, "B.B. Bean"
> > <bbbean@beancotton.com> wrote:

> > protectr
> > the world.
> > >
> > >For the record, farmers DO have to be licensed as pesticide applicators or
> > >hire licensed applicators. If only the same could be said of suburban home
> > >owners...
> > >

> In Canada only comercial applicators have to be licensed.  Farmers (I'm
> both) do not when spraying there own crop.  Like you said most improper
> use of chemicals does come from urban users.

Their are two classes of pesticides those that are not considered to pose
any threat to the environment, etc. are classified as general use.  No
one has to be certified to apply these pesticides.  Roundup and 2,4-D are
examples.  The other group is restricted use pesticides.  These are more
toxic or have a quality which could make them a threat if used
improperly, and anyone who wants to buy or apply them must be certified.

Troy

Follow-Ups: References: