[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Ethics?

While I have not written the list much of late, I have been reading all the
posts that have come through.  One of the observations I have had is the
incongruity at times with a primary ethic of Permaculture; Care of People.
While the techical information exchanged is important and of interest, to
forget this important principle is a negation of that which makes
Permaculture unique. Aren't the cultural, human designs relevant?  Isn't
there a responsibility we have to examine what Care of People means whether
it is about community responses to what we are doing and who we are or how
we can further education towards the implementation of Permaculture systems
wherever people are in need of this? (Everywhere!)  People are people with
very real concerns and needs wherEVER they may be.  While certain of these
subjects may be a bit 'beaten to the ground' at times, it is an injustice to
the principles of Permaculture to deny the human element of sustainability
to be discussed.