[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Ignoring a Solution ?

I have read Bill Duesing's article and have two questions?

1. Concerning his conversation with the extension agent in Connecticut...
 Did the agent deny that USDA had no information to be extended
regarding gardening?  Did the agent refer to  gardening as "hobby" in a
disparaging way, or was the term used  in the same sense as we speak
of other serious avocations...philately, fishing, photography, oil painting,
etc?   I do not know of anyone at USDA who disparages gardening; it is
a source of considerable nutrition and fulfillment to millions of people.

2. What type of policy should USDA have regarding gardening?

Marc Safley
marc.safley@usda.gov