[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Farming

There are too many examples of small farmers who are not
conservationists, and larger farmers who are, to make blanket statements
about size and farming responsibly. Granted, we see many examples of
large farms with significant environmental problems, but I think many
smaller farms have corresponding impacts on a different scale. What is
the aggregate impact of these farms?
 We need to have conservation standards which apply to farms regardless
of size. If larger farms are truly more harmful, then they should be
regulated/given incentives on a basis more objective than their size.

Nathaniel Bacon
360 South Winooski Ave, Apt. E
Burlington, VT 05401
(802) 862-7701