[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

PRO/AH> Food disparagement laws (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 19:47:26 -0400
From: Steve Grenard <grenard@con2.com>
To: promed-ahead@usa.healthnet.org
Subject: PRO/AH> Food disparagement laws

FOOD DISPARAGEMENT LAWS
=======================

Date: Sun, 4 May 1997 10:25:48 -0400 (EDT)
From: Steve Grenard <grenard@con2.com>

Apparently some 13 states have passed laws enabling food providers to sue
anyone (organizations and individuals) for making disparaging remarks about
the health or safety of their food products! Where, I wonder, does this
leave public health authorities or other authoritative comment as well as
the press in issuing food-related health alerts or writing about them.

---
Steve Grenard

[Steve has passed on the following communications. MHJ}