[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

PIGVISION; call for interest (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 1994 16:50:23 +1000
From: Raymond Rohner <rrohner@postoffice.utas.edu.au>
To: SUSTAG@beta.tricity.wsu.edu
Subject: PIGVISION; call for interest

PIGVISION is a collaborative project involving artists and scientists.
Supported by Sunday Hill Research Station, its main focus is the interface
between art and agriculture/animal husbandry.

Ever since the early history of human civilisation, art and agriculture
have been closely associated with each other. The relationship is very
wide-ranging. At one extreme it is, for example, concerned with ritual
performances during harvest celebrations and at the other extreme we find
van Gogh's paintings of rural scenes. An increasing number of contemporary
artists take the land and/or the growth of plants as their subject-matter.
These would include: David Nash, Sjoerd Buisman, Wolfgang Laib, Richard
Long, Hamish Fulton and Andy Goldsworthy.

Part of PIGVISION's project is to develop a WWW site. This site will not
only provide project related information and links to other sites, but will
eventually become a creative meeting place for people with similar
interest. PIGVISION's WWW project is structured according to Sunday Hill's
site plan. You move through a virtual space with features partly borrowed
from the real site and partly adapted to the needs of the project.

There is a lot to do and we need your help. For our WWW library we are
particularly interested in:

*       artists dealing creatively with agriculture
*       agricultural/animal scientists interested in creativity, intuition,
    imagination, etc.
*       farming people interested in art

We would also like to update our gateway to other WWW sites. These can be
sites dealing generally with art or agriculture only.

Please let us know about your projects, essays, lectures, WWW service etc.
The URL address is:
http://toolshed.artschool.utas.edu.au/PigVision/pigvision.html
The email address is: rrohner@postoffice.utas.edu.au

Regards
Raymond Rohner
/pub/academic/agriculture/sustainable_agriculture/general

Retrieve the INDEX file for a description of contents