[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

More on EcoPsychology

Hello,

A few months ago we spoke to each other about ecopsychology.
I thought you might be interested in learning about some
new developments.

Recently, I learned about several exciting opportunities to participate
in workshops about ecopsychology and joined one myself.  I found
it to be a wonderful opportunity to meet face to face with concerned
people and to address the profound issues of our lives within a context
I know has strong potential to effectively create significant, deep
resolutions.

I wish for you to be part of this too and for this emerging field to
become known.  Please feel free to share this with your friends.

Cheers,
Claudia                                         >|<
claudir@hubcap.clemson.edu
P.S.  There are partial and full tuition scholarships available.

                        .-=* ECOPSYCHOLOGY *=-.

   Intensive training programs in the emerging field of EcoPsychology

***The September 1st program has 14 participants signed-up already, and the
***limit is 25 participants.  If interested, please respond immediately.

Integral Sustainability Associates is offering intensive training programs in
Ecopsychology this Fall, co-sponsored by the Center for Psychology and Social
Change, an affiliate of the Harvard Medical School.  The 8-day programs are
designed to help participants explore their unique roles in ecological
healing, and to create a vibrant network of health professionals and
mainstream environmentalists working together to discover new directions in
ecological healing and activism.  Key questions to be addressed include:

   o  In what specific ways can health professionals and mainstream
   environmentalists work together to address the deeper roots of the
   ecological crisis?

   o  How can ecological consciousness and practice be integrated into the
   clinical work of practicing health professionals and environmentalists?

   o  How can the agenda for environmental activism be expanded to include
   transformation of cultural values?

WHAT IS ECOPSYCHOLOGY?  The emerging field of ecopsychology bridges the
domains of ecology, psychology, and the consciousness disciplines to address
the psychological and spiritual roots of the environmental crisis.

Ecopsychology views humanity as interdependent with all other life forms.
Hence, the health and well-being of individuals cannot be separated from the
health of society or the Earth itself.  By reawakening this consciousness, we
act instinctively to care for the Earth.

WHO WILL BENEFIT?    The training is designed for a broad range of healing
professionals, environmental scientists and activists, and advanced students
in these fields.  Spiritual practitioners seeking to engage in ecological
work are also welcome.  No previous knowledge of ecology or ecopsychology is
required.

                                  /|\

TWO RESIDENTIAL TRAINING PROGRAMS OFFERED IN 1995:

September 1-9, Emerald Valley Ranch near Colorado Springs, Colorado.  Guest
faculty include Elizabeth Roberts, PhD and Elias Amidon, founders of the
Institute of Deep Ecology and authors of _Earth Prayers_; Judith Gass, LCSW
and Robert Gass, EdD, celebrated teachers and consultants to major
corporations.

October 29-November 5, Shenoa Retreat Center in northern California.
Guest faculty include Duane Elgin, MBA, author of _Voluntary Simplicity_ and
_Awakening Earth_; Allen Kanner, PhD, co-editor of _Ecopsychology: Restoring
the Earth, Healing the Mind_; and Ann Krumboltz, MA, program officer at the
Energy Foundation.

Training organizers are Will Keepin, PhD, environmental activist; Johanna
Johnson, MA, psychotherapist, and Jed Swift, MA, founding director of
Colorado Sacred Earth Institute.

The fee for each training is $595 tuition + lodging and meals.  Partial and
some full scholarships are available to cover tuition; email for more
information and an application.

To receive a brochure and an application, please contact me at:
claudir@hubcap.clemson.edu  Thank you.

                                -o-o-o-o-