[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Ethnobiology

Sylvia,
If you wish to find out more about traditional Pacific Northwest uses of
plants then consult the works of Nancy Turner (my former doctoral
supervisor - I am her first doctoral student), Gene Hunn at Univ. of Wa, or
others such as Erna Gunther.  Also see the journals Economic Botany, Ethnobotany
and Journal of Ethnobiology.  You may even wish to consult a copy of my recnt
Ph.D. dissertation on Upper North Wakashan and Southern Tsimshian ethnobotany
at UBC.  Also, if Nancy can't give you the complete details on the
upcoming Ethnobiology conference, then on one can - she is the main
organizer.
Brian Compton