[Prev][Index][Thread]

Good tools available by mail-order.

-
This is the Februrary, 1996 update of:
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/academic/agriculture/sustainable_agriculture/
      gardening/gardening-faqs/gardening-hand-tools.faq
maintained by london@sunSITE.unc.edu
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/london
-
                        ==============================
                        Agricultural Hand Tool Sources
                        ==============================

Smith & Hawken and A.M. Leonard sell a scythe with a straight snath
(lightweight, strong & easy to use) and a grass & grain blade that is
thin, long and can easily be sharpened razor-sharp. This tool is perfect
for cutting lawns. It _can_ remove weeds/grass right down to the sod.
It's fairly easy to maintain the proper stance and swinging motion
to cut your grass to a consistant height and in regular arcs that blend
together evenly.
A wonderful tool, indespensible for the rural dweller and suburban
gardener alike.

-

Request a catalog from:
Johnny's Selected Seeds
Foss Hill Road
Albion, Maine, 04910
Customer service: 1-207-437-4301
They supply EARTHWAY and PLANET, Jr. seeders and will, on request
give you information on suppliers of other seeders (i.e. a small hand-carried
corn/bean seeder. You may want to hybridyze the EW and the P, Jr.
when planting small seeds in rough terrain. An organic vegetable grower
North Carolina has successfully done this.