[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

hydroponics and health

I have heard from Steve Diver that I shuld Leave My address for those
interested in contacting me about growing hydroponically barley grass in
the home to supplement our diets. I am putting this on the hydro group
network for everyone.
My name is Jim Morris
My complete address is:
Dr. Jim Morris, Head
Animal and Poultry Science Section
Ridgetown College of Agricultural Technology
Ridgetown, Ontario, Canada
N0P-2C0
Phone - (519)674-1545
Fax - (519)674-1555
Internet: morrisji.min.gov.on.ca

Thanks Steve.

Respectfully yours
	Jim

                        Agricultural Hand Tool Sources

Request a catalog from:
Johnny's Selected Seeds
Foss Hill Road
Albion, Maine, 04910
Customer service: 1-207-437-4301
They supply EARTHWAY and PLANET, Jr. seeders and will, on request
give you information on suppliers of other seeders (i.e. a small hand-carried
corn/bean seeder. You may want to hybridyze the EW and the P, Jr.
when planting small seeds in rough terrain. An organic vegetable grower
North Carolina has successfully done this.

Also:

>Whole Earth "Ecolog" mentioned five tool suppliers for farm and garden
>supplies; my hunch would be try Lehman's Hardware and Appliances,
>their catalog is $2.00 from PO Box 41, 4779 Kidron Rd., Kidron OH 44636;
>or Cumberland's, catalog $3.00 from rt. 3 box 81, Crossville TN 38555, and
>they have a telephone: 615-484-8481.

Also:

A.E. Leonard
somewhere in Ohio or perhaps Illinois
Mostly tree maintenance and nursery equipment,
plus miscellaneous gardening/landscaping tools/supplies

Mellingers
Lima, Ohio (I think)
similar to Leonard

Forestry Suppliers, Inc.
somewhere in Alabama or Louisiana
tools, equipment and supplies for the forestry industry

[I will look up addresses for the above companies if anyone needs them]

Langenbach
"A Collection of the World's Finest Hand Tools"
P.O. Box 453
Blairstown, N.J., 07825
Toll Free: 1-800-362-1991
Excellent!

Smith and Hawken
"Tools of the Trade - A Complete Source For the Organic Gardener"
25 Corte Madera
Mill Valley, California, 94941
1-415-383-2000
Also excellent! you may need to ask them what tools they
have for sale that are not listed in their catalogue,
i.e. held-over stock offered in out-of-date ones -
ask them to continue carrying the 4"X7" Japanese field hoe
(grub-type eye hoe using 1 3/4" X 54" handle) they used to offer,
and indispensible tool!

The Cook's Garden
"Seeds and Supplies for the New American Kitchen Garden"
P.O. Box, 535
Londonderry, Vermont, 05148
Offers the Korean "HO-MI" hand cultivator (curved trowel/cultivator),
well-designed and effective

Necessary Trading Co.
One Nature's Way
New Castle, Virginia, 24127-0305
FAX - 703/864-5186
Phone: 1-703-864-5103
"Natural Solutions for Farm, Home and Garden"
Wide range of supplies, books, fertilizers, tools and equipment -
catalogue headings include: books, composting equipment & supplies,
soil testing equipment & supplies, cover crop seeds, fertilizers
(their largest offering), pest management supplies and equipment,
wild bird supplies, animal care supplies and miscellaneous hand tools.
A major supplier, along with Zook & Ranck and Fertrell, for organic
farmers and market growers in the Eastern U.S.

Also:

        HARMONY FARM SUPPLY                     [CAT - $2 deduct. from]
        P.O. Box 451                            [first order]
        Graton, CA 95444

        PEACEFUL VALLEY FARM SUPPLY             [CAT - $2 deduct. from]
        P.O. Box 2209                           [first order]
        Grass Valley, CA 95945

You might also call the folks at ATTRA (Appropriate Technology for Rural
Areas) at 1-800-346-9140. This free information service funded by the USDA
might have some other names & addresses for you.