[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TREE BOOK?

Eyewitness Handbooks puts out a book called, ingeniusly, "Trees", it is a
self-proclaimed "visual guide to more than 500 species of trees from
around the world."  I would recommend it, as it will help with
identification.  For cultural requirements, you can ask at your local
nursery to read their copy of Michael Dirr's "Manual of Woody Landscape
Plants" (much too huge to be practical for the average home owner).  The
Eyewitness Book doesn't have everything but it probably has a great
variety (therefore you are likely to run into something at least closely
related to what you find in your garden) and it has very helpful photos
and illustrations of each tree.
Sorry I am too late for Christmas.

Have fun!
Kathleen