[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: REQUEST: Habitat Gardening

In article <1994Aug23.134733.2896@bme.ri.ccf.org> tom@ccfadm.eeg.ccf.org (Thomas F Collura PhD.) writes:
>From: tom@ccfadm.eeg.ccf.org (Thomas F Collura PhD.)
>Subject: REQUEST: Habitat Gardening
>Date: Tue, 23 Aug 1994 13:47:33 GMT

>I am interested in turning my 1-1/2 acre yard, surrounded by woods,
>into a habitat that attracts birds, animals, butterflies, hummingbirds,
>an occasional deer or fox, and so on.  Does anyone have information
>or suggestions?  I have already set in some birdhouses, a bat house,
>and I am planting flowers, fruit-bearing plants, etc.

Check out _Noah's Garden_, by ? Sarah Stone and _The Natural Habitat
Garden_, by Ken Druse.  (Names from memory, so they may not be accurate)
Sneak a peek at the bookstore if you can't find it at your local library.
The National Wildlife Association has information, too.  I don't have the
reference handy, check with the reference staff at your library.  Also,
your state's Natural History Survey will probably have some relevant
publications on wildlife and plants.

Enjoy.
Karen Fletcher                                     fletcher@prairienet.org
     Fine Web pages for fun and profit when it's too dark to garden.