[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Authors of _Country Women: A handbook for the new farmer_

This book came out around the mid '70s, and made a huge
impact on me when, in my urban apartment a decade or so later,
I finally picked it up & read it.  Most of it is "how-to",
part of it is poetry, part of it is a diary.  It has a fairly large
number of contributors but mostly it came out of Mendocino
County ( Calif. ), where the writer of the diary was starting
to build up a sheep ranch.  Officially the book is
by Jeanne Tetrault and Sherry Thomas.

And for a long time now I've been wondering what has become of
the authors--where they are now, what sort of lifestyle
they are living.  Does anyone have any info on this?

By the way, it provides good coverage of goats--however it does not
cover the modern technique of using them to cut high limbs from
trees.  :-)