[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Incan Crops

On 6 Feb 1995, mmirro wrote:

> I am looking for any information on crops of the Andes that
> were cultivated by the Incas.  Information on cropping systems
> would also be helpful as well as historical use of the plants.
> Thanks
> Mike Mirro
> mmirro@vt.edu

The Inka used a variety of cropping systems ranging from terracing,
irragation to various forms of raised/drained field agriculture.
Several articles dealing with these issues can be found in a recent
volume edited by Vernon Scarborough and Barry L. Isaac. This volume is
titled Prehispanic Water Management in the New World, and is a supplement
to the Research in Economic Anthropology Series..

Jeff Baker