From: Larry London on Fri, Mar 31, 1995 11:14 PM
Subject: Open Air Market/Farmer's Market (fwd)
To: sanet-mg@ces.ncsu.edu

------- start of forwarded message -------
>From: rpower@kean.ucs.mun.ca
Newsgroups: misc.rural
Subject: Open Air Market/Farmer's Market
Date: 29 Mar 95 16:23:06 -0230

I'm looking for some information on how to go about establishing a farmer's
market or an open air market.  We are looking to establish this type of
market for residents of the community to sell their wares as sort of a
community development project.

-What are some of the pitfalls to be aware of?
-What type of products tend to sell well?
-Who comes to these markets?

I've been to those open air markets in Europe and was duely impressed by
the selection and the sheer number of vendors.

Any and all comments will be welcome!

Thanks!

Roger
rpower@kean.ucs.mun.ca