[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re:

I received my Master's degree in Appropriate Technology focusing on methane
or biogas production.  During my course of studies I attended Meadowcreek
Project in Fox, Arkansas (an experimental farm/college) and prepared a
report entitled "Biogas Potential on the Small Farm Center: Feasibility
Study" in which I examined the possibility of replacing propane use with
biogas.  The study looks into available feedstocks, heat requirements (very
important!), gas storage, costs, health concerns, and end use for gas.  I
would be glad to send a copy to anyone who is interested.  The book More
Other Homes and Garbage is an excellent resource, as is the Appropriate
Technology Microfiche collection produced by Volunteers in Asia (I think
thats the right group).  If you are interested in finding out more about
the microfiche collection call the library at Appalachian State University
in Boone, NC, or the Technology Department at the same institution.

Jim Houser
Agricultural and Biological Engineering
Cornell University
607-255-2249