To: ALL
Re: Books on plantings for wildlife (from Usenet, rec.gardens)
St: Local
@MSGID: 1:151/502 3b8047f8
@PID: FM 2.02
From: klier
Subject: Re: natives to attract wildlife
Date: 24 Apr 92 05:37:27 GMT

>>>    NATIVE PLANTS THAT PROVIDE WILDLIFE HABITAT
>>            <list deleted>
>>This was a great list.  Does anyone have a similar list they could post
>>of wildlife-attracting plants native to the Southeast U.S., more
>>specifically, North Carolina.
> Ditto for Northeast U.S., specifically Western Pennsylvania, please.

Dear folks:  Try your local conservation commission/department of natural
resources/horticulture departments at local universities.  Many states
have similar lists.

I've got the Minnesota Non-Game Wildlife Program's _Landscaping for
Wildlife_ sitting in my lap at the moment.  145 pages of great information
on both the plants and the animals, all for the piddling sum of $9.

The National Wildlife Federation also offers a "Gardening for Wildlife" kit
that I haven't seen.  Has booklets, landscape plans, bird feeder designs,
seeds for butterfly and hummingbird attractant plants, and some other
goodies.  (1412 16th St NW, Washington DC 20036).

Kay Klier   Biology Dept  UNI

---
 * Origin: EARTH*Net*Home:SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE ECHO*919-9323115 (1:151/502)

(2088)  Wed 6 May 92 11:51
By: Lawrence London